Morning everyone, today recipe will be fried shrimp. Since I have a local flour to make tempura. Tempura is actually a fried shrimp dish from Japan. Let’s try!
- 1 pack of tempura flour
- 200 gr of shrimp
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
How to make :
- Wash and peel the shrimp first to remove any odd smell from the ingredients.
- Prepare a bowl to put the tempura flour. If you don’t have tempura flour, you can use the fried chicken flour. Pour half of the package into the bowl and add a cup of cold water. Mix it until it turns into batter. The cold water will make the batter crispier and more delicious.
- Dip the shrimp into the batter. Make sure the consistentcy of batter on shrimp is not too watery or too thick.
- Prepare a plate or bowl to pour the other half of tempura flour. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Toss the shrimp from batter to flour and coat it evenly.
- Pour some cooking oil to the frying pan. Turn on the stove on high heat and deep fried the shrimp carefully. Fried the shrimp for about 5-10 minutes. The shrimp color will turn white red and the batter will turn to golden crispy. Means it is cooked. Set aside.
- Serve it on table and Finish!
Fried shrimp can eat as a snack or side dish, both are delicious. I eat it together with the other side dish and have a healthy full breakfast. Try it at home and enjoy the recipe!